WHAT: CADCA (Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America) is hosting its 27th Annual National Leadership Forum, welcoming approximately 3,000 community leaders and experts from around the world to share substance abuse prevention and treatment strategies. The Forum will: kick off with the Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Prevention Day; feature 75+ training sessions covering topics ranging from the marijuana legislation landscape and tobacco cessation to the opioid epidemic and underage drinking; offer attendees the unique opportunity to meet with members of Congress on Capitol Hill Day; and welcome hundreds of youth to take part in CADCA’s National Youth Leadership Initiative to learn how to become effective community leaders.
WHEN: February 6 – 9, 2017
WHERE: Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center, 201 Waterfront St, Oxon Hill, MD
KEY MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES:
- Tuesday, February 7, 8:30 – 10:30 am – The National Leadership Plenary in Potomac Ballroom AB will feature several renowned experts in the field:
- General Arthur T. Dean, CADCA’s Chairman and CEO, who is an expert in community coalition best practices and substance abuse prevention.
- Michael Botticelli, former director of National Drug Control Policy at the White House, a long-time advocate of prevention drug policy efforts during the President Obama Administration.
- Dr. Robert L. DuPont, founding President of the Institute for Behavior and Health, Inc., who has been a leader in drug abuse prevention and treatment for decades.
- Wednesday, February 8, 8:30 – 10:45 am – Capitol Hill Day Plenary & Rally in Potomac Ballroom AB will offer attendees the chance to directly interact with members of Congress via a roundtable discussion. Congressional attendees include:
- The Honorable Ann McLane Kuster (D-2nd/NH)
- The Honorable Tom Marino (R-10th/PA)
- The Honorable Evan Jenkins (R-3rd/WV)
- The Honorable Paul Tonko (D-20th/NY)
- The Honorable Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-40th/CA)
- Thursday, February 9, 7:30 – 8:45 am – The Membership Breakfast in Potomac Ballroom AB. Nathaniel Kendall-Taylor, PhD, CEO, FrameWorks Institute will keynote and discuss the most effective ways to frame social and scientific issues for public impact.
- Thursday, February 9, 12:20 – 2:20 pm – National Leadership Awards Luncheon in Potomac Ballroom AB will recognize outstanding coalitions and leaders, including Leon Harris (former anchor, CNN and ABC7) and Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI).
For more information about the National Leadership Forum, visit cadca.org/events/forum2017.