Manager, Youth Leadership
Department: Training Operations
Reports to: Deputy Director, Training Operations
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 500 Montgomery Street, Suite 400, Alexandria, VA 22314. The successful candidate for this position must reside in the DMV area. Telework from outside of this area is not optional.
The Youth Leadership Manager will perform and manage a variety of highly complex technical duties in addition to providing supervision. Responsible for accomplishing the mission and vision of CADCA and its Youth training and special initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager, Youth Leadership will ensure high quality customer service, problem solving, project planning to achieve stated training goals and objectives
- Oversee the implementation of CADCA’s Annual Youth Leadership Plan.
- Manage and coordinate a wide array of youth projects inclusive of training direct and indirect support activities; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the administration of day-to-day training support operations
- Manage all youth leadership training requests and other documents in the support of on-site and distance learning training events
- Manage youth leadership trainings and events for specific initiatives such as Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), NYAC (National Youth Advisory Council) business partnerships, etc.
- Prepare and facilitate International youth leadership trainings, as requested
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; perform information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed, and in accordance with pre established procedures
- Establish, manage, maintain and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develop and maintain data integrity, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports, such as training activity, participant data, surveys and partners’/contractors’ feedback documentation
- Research relevant information about individuals, corporations, foundations, government, and youth funding entities that are or may become strategic contributors/partners to CADCA Youth Training
- Assist with grant writing and other technical writing and proposal development associated with achieving department responsibilities
- Cultivate new youth training opportunities with guidance from the DD, Training Operations
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others (within the organization and outside), and maintain them over time
- Manage the acquisitions of supplies, printing, maintenance, and other service
- Review financial statements, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement
- Supervise direct reports, prepare work schedules and assign specific duties while making sure direct reports have the proper tools, training and support needed to achieve maximum performance.
- Assist in establishing and implementing Youth Leadership departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures
- Manage/ Oversee contracts for all Youth Training trainings and consultants–determine goods and services provided, set prices, prepare budgets and contract terms based on customer needs
- Assist in curriculum design and development by drafting training materials, instructional guides, schedules, multimedia visual aids, testing, evaluation procedures and other educational materials
- Survey trainers (consultants) to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes and other factors
- Manage and supervise all youth trainings, events, special projects
- Oversee and analyze YL databases/project management and training calendar tools/platforms. In coordination with the Evaluation & Research Department develop and execute yearly evaluation plan.
- Work collaboratively with Consultant Trainers, Training Operations team to proactively promote Customized Training Service trainings for youth
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of theory, concepts, and practical application of youth development substance misuse prevention, behavioral health, cultural competence and evidence-based strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates integrity and good work ethics
- Ability to execute responsibilities of a direct supervisor, work independently and as a team
- Superior analytical skills plus demonstrated skills to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Superior report writing and communications skills.
- Highly effective public speaker
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment
- Ability to adjust to structured and unstructured work
- Ability to maintain good organization, time management and prioritization skills in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to use sound judgment maintain confidentiality in reference to pertinent and sensitive information
- Effective and efficient project management and database/survey management skills
- Strong problem-solving, high level of attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
Training and Credentials
- Master’s degree in health-related field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Between 3-5 years of substantive experience in the alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention field.
- Significant experience working with youth and their adult advisors, and families
Amount of travel: 30% annually
Interested candidates can submit their Cover Letter and Resume to: Mr. Gonzalo Cadima, Deputy Director, Training Operations, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We very much appreciate the efforts of all applicants to submit an application for this position however only those candidates screened-in will be contacted to continue through the interview process.Thank you.