Overall Objective: This position contributes to the planning, organization, production and successful execution of all CADCA meetings and special events.
Major Duties Include:
- Set up and test registration system for the two major CADCA events on the Abila NetForum platform.
- Assist in daily administrative duties and proactive tasks to ensure departmental organization and readiness.
- Coordinate CADCA Board of Directors and Coalition Advisory Committee meetings logistics – including hotel, air travel, ground transportation, audio-visual and food and beverage.
- Provide logistic and registration support for CADCA special events and trainings sponsored by the CADCA Institute (including travel arrangements, menu selection, audio visual coordination, liaison with facility contact and Institute coordinator).
- Assist in the development of timelines and agendas to ensure well-organized and executed events.
- Travel as needed.
National Leadership Forum and Mid-Year Training Institute
- Manage all aspects of the Forum and MYTI registration process including: track and organize all registrations, respond to all registration inquiries, prepare registration lists and reports, work with external third-party vendor and CADCA IT team to manage on-site registration, manage name badge production, proofing and distribution, and handle all other registration logistics.
- Manage on-site registration desk and schedule, shifting duties and workloads once on-site as necessary.
- Ensure all outstanding registration invoices are reconciled and refunds successfully issued.
- Manage internal housing rooming list consisting of staff, scholarship attendees and VIPs.
- Serve as liaison with federal agencies to assist in managing their registrations needs.
- Assist Vice President with pre-planning, including but not limited to: registration bags, badges, signs, ribbons and bag inserts, printed collateral material, rooming lists, and evaluating and negotiating support vendor contracts.
Drug-Free Kids Campaign Dinner
- Assist with Drug-Free Kids Campaign Awards dinner logistics.
- Assist with supporting vendor contracts including catering, floral, décor, entertainment and audio/visual, evaluating proposals and making recommendations.
- Manage RSVPs, production of name badges and registration/check-in on-site.
- Assist Vice President with event collateral (invitation, program).
CADCA Board and CAC Meetings
- Assist with advance and on-site logistics including site selection and negotiation (as necessary), arranging for audio visual and food and beverage.
- Handle registration (tent cards, handouts, badges, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database systems (specifically NetForum)
- 2 years’ experience in meeting and/or event planning
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish quick rapport with vendors and members
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and initiate projects to improve processes
- Ability to multi-task learn quickly
- Team player, comfortable working in a collaborative environment
Category of position: Exempt Employee
Normal duty hours: 8:30am-5:30pm*, Monday through Friday
*Additional hours as required