While the NCA focuses on helping you bring knowledge and skills to your community, the Graduate Coalition Academy (GCA) takes you to the next level: achieving outcomes! The goal of the GCA is to enhance participants' ability to implement and evaluate their prevention plans.
GCA training will be held over the course of two weeks, March 16-19, 2020 and May 11-14, 2020, at the Hilton Garden Inn Shirlington in Arlington, VA. With a wide variety of shops and restaurants in walking distance at The Village of Shirlington, and Washington, D.C. being only 15 minutes away, this is a great training location!
Note, coalitions are responsible for all travel (flights, car rentals, taxis, hotels, etc.) and meal expenses during the GCA training.
Funds can be allocated/reallocated to services that benefit your coalition as a whole. CADCA trainings are approved expenditures for your federal funding.
- Coalitions will be required to submit the following coalition products. You should submit your most up to date versions of each. It is expected that the products will be updated after the coalition graduated from the Academy to reflect new data and strategies identified by the Coalition.
- Community Assessment
- Logic model for one substance (including data for each element)
- Action plan for next year
- Evaluation Plan
- Evaluation Communication Plan
- Sustainability Plan
- Coalitions will be required to submit one (1) letter of recommendation from one (1) volunteer member (e.g., chair of leadership team, board or steering committee) that has been involved with the coalition for a minimum of two years.
- Letter of recommendation should:
- Provide information on why your coalition is best positioned to participate in this pilot
- Describe how this training would help to advance your coalition
All applications are due by Friday, Feb. 21, at 11:59 pm EST.
If you experience technical difficulties with the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following in your email: