This Week is Trainer Takeover Week in the CADCA Community!
- Monday, April 6 – Adult trainer Stephanie Strutner will focus on engaging sectors to create and update objectives, now that coalitions are doing their work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tuesday, April 7 – Youth trainers Yvonne Stroman and Ananya Pati will focus how six feet of separation is a physical distance that does not restrict our ability to communicate from afar. Through innovative strategies, coalitions can take action to ensure our communities are safe, and it starts with you!
- Wednesday, April 8 – Adult trainer Dave Shavel will focus on building protective factors (protective factors, developmental assets and resiliency) during these challenging times.
- Thursday, April 9 – Youth trainers Andrea Marquez and Nigel Wrangham will focus on brainstorming and creating new and innovative ways to continue to engage youth in prevention work and keep them involved with their communities while practicing social distancing.
- Friday, April 10 – Adult trainer Dorothy Chaney will focus on strategies and messages using social media. She will especially focus on getting out key messages, such as locking up your meds and alcohol with kids at home, other mental health messages and some fun challenges that coalitions are doing while we are all at home.
- Monday, April 13 (one extra day!) – Youth trainers Curtis Mark and Alexander Cook will focus on a CADCA youth challenge! CADCA Youth Leadership wants to engage youth nationwide during social distancing to create a video that shows how they are still being change agents during these challenging times. Tune in to see how you can help!
CADCA trainers are looking forward to your questions and ideas on these topics, so please come with questions for the trainer’s day in the Community! Following the Community takeovers, CADCA trainers will turn these topics into helpful webinars. Join us for CADCA Webinar Wednesdays, starting April 15. Registration links will be in next week’s Coalitions Online. In the meantime, log into the CADCA Community next week and start your conversation with a CADCA Trainer!