Public Health Information and Resources for COVID-19
Given the global impact of COVID-19, many leading public health organizations have created webpages dedicated to addressing this public health emergency. The CDC notes that staying informed throughout a public health event can help individuals feel prepared to take on the challenges posed by a rapidly changing environment. Staying up to date with current public health information can equip individuals and coalitions to not only weather current challenges, but also prepare for future public health emergencies.
Below, we have gathered links to national and international organizations that are generating high-quality public health information related to the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as resources and links to current news and emerging research. Where possible, we have linked directly to their COVID-19-specific resource pages.
The following resources are not generated or maintained by CADCA and are offered only as reference.
- American Medical Association (AMA) Press Center
- American Public Health Association (APHA) COVID-19 Webpage
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Website
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) COVID-19 Social Media Toolkit
- National Institute of Health (NIH) COVID-19 Health Information
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA, part of NIH) COVID-19 Resources
- National Rural Health Association (NRHA) COVID-19 Resources
- Ready.gov Emergency Planning Website
- US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Public Health Emergency Webpage
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Health Topic
Join us on the members-only CADCA Community to continue the conversation on the impact of COVID-19 on community substance use and misuse prevention.
Not a member? Visit our membership page to join and learn about membership benefits!