Free Webinar Facilitates Coalition Exchange of Tools and Resources to Support Sustainability
Register now for the final webinar in CADCA’s “Using Data for Sustainability” three-part series. The webinar, “Using Data for Sustainability: Obtaining Resources for the Long Haul” will occur on Wednesday, July 15th from 3-4:30 p.m. EST and feature coalition presenters sharing and discussing tools and resources that have helped them strengthen and formalize their processes for obtaining and maintaining the resources needed to carry out their work.
“We ask each presenter to share a very specific resource and package the information in a way that coalitions can immediately take back to their community and integrate into their own work,” said Andrea de la Flor, Senior Manager in CADCA’s National Community Anti-Drug Coalition Institute’s Evaluation and Research Department and webinar facilitator. In addition to the coalition presenters, Dr. Bill Geary, Deputy Director of CADCA’s Evaluation and Research Department will serve as a content expert, framing the conversation and adding additional insights for participants.
The webinar is free and open for anyone to participate. However, coalitions must register by noon on July 14th before registration closes. It is not necessary for participants to have participated in the previous webinars in the series.
Collectively, the webinar series covers how coalitions identify, organize, use (for decision-making), and share information that is needed to support coalition sustainability. The content in the series is organized around four capacities that coalitions trained by CADCA are taught to sustain:
- a strong volunteer and membership base
- a credible process
- relevance to current community concerns
- the financial and other resources required to do the work
Coalitions are also invited to join Dr. Bill Geary, Andrea de la Flor, and coalition presenters at a live “best practices” training session on the topics covered in this webinar series. The training titled, “Using Data for Sustainability: Best Practices from the Field” will occur on Tuesday, August 4th from 8:30 a.m. to Noon at the 2015 Mid-Year Training Institute in Indianapolis.
CADCA sends a special thanks to the coalition presenters that have supported this webinar series:
March 18 – Using Data for Sustainability: Focusing on a Strong Membership Base
- Mary Haag, President, CEO and Executive Director, PreventionFIRST!, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Kristina Clark, Executive Director, Coffee County Anti-Drug Coalition, Manchester, Tenn.
- Wanda Boone, Founder and Executive Director, Together for Resilient Youth, Durham, NC
- Kate Glendon, Director of Programs, Healthy Communities-Healthy Kids Coalition, Higganum, Conn.
May 20 – Using Data for Sustainability: Tools and Resources to Maintain Credibility
- Erica Clarke, Coalition Evaluator, Revere CARES, Revere, Mass.
- Christine Lloyd-Newberry, Program Director, Connecting Youth (CY), Shelburne, Vermont
- Dana Stevens, Executive Director, Communities Against Substance Abuse, El Cajon, Calif.
For questions about this webinar or to access the recording and presentation materials from the prior two webinars, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.