Upcoming Webinar Announcement
CADCA’s Geographic Health Equity Alliance (GHEA) is partnering with the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) and the Maine Public Health Institute at the University of Southern Maine to present the webinar “Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural America,” on October 30, 2020 from 1 – 2 pm EDT. Erika Ziller and Martha Elbaum Williamson will present the findings from their report “Advancing Tobacco Prevention and Control in Rural America,” along with an introduction by Chris Kinabrew. Public health professionals, health department leaders and tobacco control advocates should view this webinar to understand the rural context and how it may affect tobacco prevention and control efforts.
Register today to learn about rural tobacco prevention and control activities in rural areas and hear strategies and recommendations for advancing tobacco control in rural communities across the country. After registering, you will receive information on how to join the webinar. Please feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions.
By the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the rural context for tobacco prevention and control
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for improving health through tobacco prevention and control in rural communities
- Have increased knowledge of rural initiatives relating to tobacco prevention, cessation and the promotion of smoke-free air
- Be able to identify tobacco control strategies and interventions that have been implemented across rural America
- Chris Kinabrew, National Network of Public Health Institutes
- Erika Ziller, Ph.D., Muskie School of Public Health at the University of Southern Maine (USM)
- Martha Elbaum Williamson, U.S. Government Accountability Office (formerly with the Cutler Institute for Health and Social Policy, USM)
The mission of CADCA (Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America) is to strengthen the capacity of community coalitions to create and maintain safe, healthy and drug-free communities globally. This is accomplished by providing technical assistance and training, public policy advocacy, media strategies and marketing programs, training and special events.