Maryland's Response: Using Prescription Opioid Settlement Funds to Address Evolving Needs
This presentation will describe how the Opioid Operational Command Center (OOCC) and the Opioid Restitution Fund (ORF) Advisory Council have collaborated to identify and support high-priority programs and initiatives to reduce overdose mortality in Maryland. Topics will include:
- The work of the ORF Advisory Council to provide guidance on the use of prescription opioid settlement funds to include addressing health equity.
- Grant programs supported with ORF funding, including the OOCC's new Access to Recovery Emergency Funds Grant Program.
- Collaboration with local government partners and community organizations to address the unique needs across all of Maryland's local jurisdictions.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Be more familiar Maryland's opioid crisis response efforts.
2. Understand the legal framework surrounding the use of prescription opioid settlement funds
3. Be more familiar with collaboration between state and local partners to address the opioid crisis