Session materials are made available as they are received. If you are interested in handouts or materials, please be sure to connect with presenters on-site.
As a reminder, the password to access the presentations is available on your Forum Program Cover.
Marijuana: The State of the Science
This session will provide an overview of the increasing risks of marijuana use and examine the relationship between marijuana and pain. The risks of using marijuana are increasing:
(1) high potency marijuana is adding to the risk of developing psychosis and schizophrenia, addiction, and functional impairment;
(2) parents are using marijuana more, adding to the risk of drug use among children living at home;
(3) vaping THC has lulled people, the majority 35 years and younger, into believing vaping is a safe delivery system. Instead, severe lung injuries are rising rapidly.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to determine:
1) How does the FDA approve drugs for our nation’s use?
2) What is the evidence for marijuana as an effective analgesic?
3) What is the evidence against marijuana use to “solve the opioid crisis”?