Marijuana and Opioids: The State of the Science
This session will provide an overview of the risks of marijuana use:
1. More parents are using marijuana or opioids, increasing the risk of drug use among children living at home;
2. Frequent use and high potency marijuana is adding to the risk of developing psychosis and schizophrenia, addiction, depression;
3. Marijuana and pain.
4. Drug use addiction during Covid-19
Will be able to understand and answer the questions
1. What is the role of parents in offspring drug use?
2. What is the evidence that the consequences of high/low potency marijuana or more/less frequent use are different?
3. How does the FDA approve drugs for medical purposes? What is quality evidence that marijuana can “solve the opioid crisis”?