Click the image below to view Prevention Day's Program!
SAMHSA’s Prevention Day is happening in-person on Monday, January 30, 2023, in conjunction with CADCA National Leadership Forum. The event will take place at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
Whether you are a prevention practitioner, community leader, researcher, scientist, consumer, or an advocate, this interactive forum has something for everyone.
Here are five reasons you’ll definitely want to make the trip to attend SAMHSA’s Prevention Day!
- Learn what’s new and innovative in substance misuse prevention and mental health with workshop tracks on youth-led prevention efforts; prevention across the lifespan; prevention efforts across the continuum of care; diversity, equity, and inclusion within prevention; prevention workforce; and prevention innovations.
- Connect with your peers from across the country and feel the energy and camaraderie of being with like-minded professionals.
- Get exclusive access to the Prevention Action Center, an interactive learning hub with exhibits and resources on the latest trends, activities, technology and games, as well as opportunities to meet SAMHSA representatives.
- Hear it here first and get the rundown on events and opportunities that are being planned for the remainder of the year, including 2023 National Prevention Week and a very special announcement!
- Invest in your professional development and leave inspired.
Contact for SAMHSA’s Prevention Day questions: David.Wilson@samhsa.hhs.gov
Now in Spanish: Help teens get smart about harmful substances with SAMHSA’s Tips for Teens series.
Important information about the recent transition to the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.