Mercer Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction Executive Director Starting Salary: $110,000 - $130,000
The Mercer Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction is seeking a passionate, self-directed, and mission-driven leader to serve as its next Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Mercer Council’s staff, programs, capital assets, expansion efforts, and execution of its mission. Mercer Council stands as the preeminent provider of substance abuse prevention and clinical services in Mercer County. In support of this defining goal, the Executive Director leads a talented team of twenty-four (24) staff and a budget exceeding $1.6 million.
Leadership & Management:
• Lead Mercer Council with integrity, dedication, and a genuine commitment to its mission and clients served.
• Design, direct, and supervise programming; oversee passionate and committed programming staff; provide direction and support relative to program delivery.
• Ensure proper staffing for program-specific roles and work with the Director of Operations relative to non-program specific administrative and human resources related tasks.
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence through rigorous program evaluation; fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve all strategic goals.
• Actively and effectively work with the Director of Operations to oversee both program and administrative staff.
• Actively engage with staff, partnering organizations, and the Board of Trustees.
• Support Board of Trustees; serve as ex-officio member of committees; seek and build Board involvement with strategic direction.
• Ensure effective systems to regularly evaluate program components, measure successes, and effectively communicate the results to the community, Mercer Council’s funding sources and the Board of Trustees.
Fundraising & Community Engagement:
• Oversee and guide all efforts relative to grant writing, fundraising, and development.
• Expand revenue generating activities to support existing programs and identify areas for expansion.
• Strengthen brand identity through communications to the established external presence and increased digital platforms.
• Build intentional partnerships and relationships with civic leaders with the purpose of furthering Mercer Council’s mission.
• Be an external presence that publishes program results with an emphasis on the successes of programs as a model for replication.
• Master’s Degree in the field of health, education, psychology or related human service field, or having equivalent experience and/or Master’s in Business Administration.
• Proven leadership, five or more years of senior management and relationship management experience.
• In depth understanding of addiction, prevention, mental health and social services.
• Experience in program development, oversight, and administration.
• Track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and staff.
• Ability to develop and operationalize strategies.
• Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Excellence in organizational management with the ability to motivate staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the Mercer Council Board of Trustees.
• Public relations, health promotion and fundraising experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
• CADC/CPS certification
• Licensed in the counseling field (e.g., LPC, LSW, LCSW, LCADC)
• Knowledge of Mercer County social service landscape
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
Find out more about the organization at Mercer Council on Alcoholism & Drug Addiction. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including, health, dental and retirement options. This is not a remote position. All interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Lance Liverman at email@example.com.
Submit to Host a Training at Mid-Year!
The Call for Presentations is open to all community coalitions, community-based prevention organizations, government agencies with a focus on substance misuse, mental health, crimi...