Engaging Sectors in Strategies to Address Local Conditions
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships!” - Michael Jordan. Coalitions can’t and shouldn’t go it alone. As a coalition, our aim is to engage sector partners in strategies to address specific local conditions. This workshop uses collective impact strategies to promote collaboration with coalition partners to address, not the coalition’s local conditions, rather the community’s local conditions. The workshop provides information and strategies to develop mutually reinforcing strategies that address local conditions which are owned and implemented by coalition partner organizations. Hands-on activities, tools and resources will be provided.
1. Clarify local conditions on your logic model
2. Frame local conditions in a way that makes the condition relevant and meaningful to different community sectors
3. Clarify potential roles specific sectors can play in addressing the local condition
4. Engage sectors in developing and owning specific strategies as part of a comprehensive set of strategies to address a local condition
5. Reinforce the role Sector Representatives can play in engaging their sectors to take action