TITLE/CLASSIFICATION: DFC Coalition Project Coordinator – Non-Union/FLSA Exempt
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Drug-Free Communities Support Program (DFC) is a Federal grant program that provides funding to community-based coalitions that organize to prevent youth substance use. This will be a full time position that will supervise, plan, organize, and direct the program for the Will County Sheriff’s office.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Oversee the management and completion of objectives of the Drug Free Communities (DFC) grant.
- In cooperation with supervisor, oversee project budget and coordinate with fiscal systems.
- Maintain budget documentation spreadsheets.
- Facilitate and assist coalition's core organizational activities including meeting facilitation, new member recruitment, new member orientation, and ongoing communication among coalition entities and community stakeholders.
- Coordinate training events for the coalition and community.
- Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral health field, education, or social sciences (i.e., Community Health, Sociology, Community Psychology, etc.)
- Or, a Master's degree in behavioral health, education, or social sciences
- Prevention experience is preferred.
- Requires good organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and online reporting systems preferred.
- Experience in coordinating community-based activities.
- Experience with the "Strategic Prevention Framework" preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license, private automobile, and be insurable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and week-ends and be willing to travel within the County of Will.
- Position requires ability to travel to schools and other locations in the site plan area (Will County Illinois).
- Must obtain DCFS CANTS Child Abuse Clearance.
- Satisfactory completion of the Will County Sheriff’s Office background check.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $60,000 DOQ plus an excellent benefits package
CLOSING DATE: Friday, July 26, 2019 at 4:30p.m.
RETURN DETAILED RESUME TO:
Deputy Chief Dan Jungles (email@example.com)
Will County Sheriff’s Office
16911 West Laraway Road, Suite 101
Joliet, Illinois 60433-8476