The Stevens County Rural Resources is seeking to enter into a Professional Service Agreement (PSA) with a qualified individual to serve as a Community Coordinator for the Springdale Together on Prevention Coalition, providing prevention services as summarized below.
JOB SUMMARY: This position’s responsibilities, under general supervision, are to help organize and maintain the community substance abuse prevention coalition; provide assistance to the community coalition; identify and implement strategies that lead to sustainable and lasting community involvement plan, deliver, evaluate and report on activities; and provide liaison between Rural Resources and the coalition. Candidate must function at a high level while working both collaboratively and independently. This position is an employee contract with Rural Resources, Supervised by the Springdale Together Coalition Executive Board.
Coalition Community Coordinator will:
- Manage the processes of strategic planning and implantation in conjunction with the coalition.
- Assist with support for planning, problem solving, and information management.
- Coordinate regular review of the coalition budget by the coalition.
- Understand the framework, process, and requirements of the coalition.
- Track the overall process to guide and continue movement of the coalition.
- Maintain records on the work and decisions of the coalition.
- Ensure reporting is completed by required deadlines.
- Assist in the Coordination of coalition meetings and disseminate materials prior to meetings.
- Provide recruitment assistance in building capacity at the coalition.
- Be well versed and comfortable with prevention science and theory.
- Increase community awareness of the coalition and its strategies.
- Report to the community coalition on progress toward the goals and objectives of the strategic and work plans.
- Provide or coordinate services, implement activities and provide coalition trainings with the guidance of the coalition executive board & members.
- Work with the coalition board and projects to develop and monitor outcomes.
- Function as the liaison among the coalition members and with the community at large.
- Coordinate community outreach efforts (presentations, newsletter, volunteer recruitment, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- B.A. Degree in Education, Health Education, Communications, Social Sciences, or closely related field;
- Be a Certified Prevention Professional or able to obtain a CPP credential within 18 months of start date and maintain for the duration of the contract.
- Two years of work experience in community organizing, program coordination, or community based programs involving youth, drug/alcohol/tobacco abuse or other related community health prevention or counseling.
- Working knowledge of substance abuse prevention and prevention science, community development and mobilization, youth development principles, and community organizing approaches.
- Ability to create and sustain effective relationships with community partners; foster and share leadership among individuals in the community; build bridges among diverse community members and organizations.
- Work skills desired: organized, excellent oral and written communication, public speaking and training, group and meeting facilitation, word processor, spread sheet, and internet skills, good sense of humor, ability to learn new concepts quickly, self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of local organizations, services, the community to be served; and prevention.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Washington state driver’s license and liability insurance.
- Willing to work occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check
- Must obtain required insurance policies
RESPONDS TO: Rural Resources and the Springdale Together on Prevention Coalition Executive Board. Position open until January 30, 2017, OR until filled with qualified candidate.
COMPENSATION RANGE: This will be a Professional Service Agreement between the Individual and Rural Resources. Compensation will be based on experience.
Submit your resume and three professional reference letters to:
Springdale Together On Prevention Coalition e-mail @ Springdaletogether@gmail.com
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: Varied hours due to community meetings and needs