Department: National Coalition Institute – Training, Technical Assistance & Outreach Department
Reports to: Training Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 625 Slaters Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Training Associate will assist the Department’s Training Manager in the mission of facilitating intensive, comprehensive training and technical assistance. With the guidance of the Training Manager, assists with the day-to-day support functions required to insure and maintain a standard of excellence for a comprehensive national training delivery system. Provides logistical support to the Training Manager and Fee for Service Manager when providing training services. This job requires strong communication, writing and editing skills; publication design skills.
The Associate, Training will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Assist in in the planning and coordinate Institute sponsored NCAs (5-8 sites), as well as support other additional Fee-For-Service NCAs (1-5 sites);
- Provide customer service (in regard to registration, training logistics and workstation technical assistance) to up to 500 participants;
- Coordinate the printing, shipping and handling responsibilities of training materials, including coordination with customers and vendors;
- Manage desktop publishing and printing consultants;
- Support the Training Manager in curriculum and training materials development
- Coordinate a wide array of training support activities for the unit (most significantly the National Coalition Academy); serve as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the administration of day-to-day training support operations (i.e. coordinating with Evaluation and Research staff and their relevant responsibilities for the NCA, and other training events as needed);
- Manage and maintain NCA data bases and assists with the creation of required training reports;
- Assist in the Management and optimization of the use of digital learning environment for NCA;
- Manage and maintain NCA content on CADCA’s website;
- manage and maintain CADCA’s LMS, the Workstation operations: content, user accounts and site design
- Serve as a liaison with the Learning Management System (LMS) providers, KU Community Toolbox;
- Plan and coordinate NCA Graduation;
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate;
- Work with direct supervisor to develop and implement a Personal Professional Growth and Development Plan.
The Associate, Training and Technical Assistance must be an experienced communications professional who has demonstrated competencies in the above areas. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Superb organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Experience working with a variety of software including, but not limited to MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); SharePoint, publishing softwares (Adobe Acrobat, Quark and/or InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and understanding of CRM systems
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of social media for dissemination.
Training and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of public health, community coalition, substance abuse, and/or related issues is a plus
Amount of travel: Less than 5%
Please send your cover letter and resume to Brittany Huffman at email@example.com with “CADCA Training Associate” in the subject line. Submissions without a cover letter will not be submitted.