Department: Business Development and Membership
Reports To: Director, Membership & Online Community
Employment Status: Full-time Exempt (Flexible work and Hybrid Schedule Available)
Location: 500 Montgomery St, Suite 400, Alexandria, VA 22314
About CADCA: Join a dynamic organization whose mission is to strengthen the capacity of community coalitions to create and maintain safe, healthy, and drug-free communities globally. This is accomplished by providing technical assistance and training, public policy advocacy, media strategies and marketing programs, training, and special events.
We provide excellent medical, dental, and vision plans, generous time off, including holidays, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a diverse workplace where we recognize each employee’s contribution to the organization’s overall success. That success is rooted in our commitment to developing our people by giving them the tools and resources to grow in their roles and prepare them for opportunities within the organization.
Position Summary: The Associate position requires various skills in customer service strategies and administrative duties. This position will require excellent oral and written communication and technical and computer skills. This position requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic attitude.
- Work with the Director of Membership to develop and maintain a sales strategy to recruit new members and retain current members.
- Make sales calls/emails and retention calls/emails to attract new members and retain current members.
- Mail invoices and input membership dues payments into the database.
- Monitor the CADCA Community, an online networking site.
- Assist in the management and sales of banner advertising program.
- Support the Director of Membership in database management and maintaining integrity of member data, including organization of member information, renewal invoicing, and new member processing.
- Provide primary accountability for efficient and accurate entry and upkeep of member data including organizational rosters, cleaning duplicates, and new data entry.
- Work on building a pipeline for new members and strategize on conferences and events to attend in order to build a pipeline.
- Report membership statistics to staff and the BDAM team periodically and as requested.
- Serve as a primary customer service representative for CADCA Members.
- Gather suggestions for member benefits and ways to implement those benefits.
- Manage online membership store
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve the business development and membership department, make modifications to strategies as needed and modify operational policies and procedures as necessary.
- Work closely with Business Development & Membership team on growth plan, overlapping projects and revenue goals.
- Assist the Vice President of Business Development and Membership as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Training and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of Customer Service
- 3 years of Sales Experience in a similar role
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to average 50-100 calls per week to new members, current members, and prospective members.
- Ability to answer an average of 10-20 emails per week from new members, current members, and prospective members.
- Ability to travel up to 15-20%.
- Competence in all MS Office tools, and database management experience is required.
- Knowledge of membership association management tools, particularly Avectra netForum is a strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to supporting a mission-driven membership base and help build drug-free communities.
TRAVEL: Less than 10%
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates can submit their Cover Letter and Resume via the job board where this is posted or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org