International Programs Associate
Reports to: Vice President, International
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 625 Slaters Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Associate will support the Vice President and the Managers of the International Department in their mission of developing and administering training, technical assistance, and resource development activities to communities in selected foreign countries. This position will be responsible for administrative and clerical practices to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support formatting and design layout of department documents, materials, and presentations.
- Aid in updating departmental documents related to procedures, protocols and policy manuals.
- Assist with the writing of quarterly program progress reports to funders.
- Support the processing of department data related to training, technical assistance and events.
- Assist with updating trainer and coordinator contracts.
- Review and process invoices and payments.
- Input expense information into spreadsheets for tracking.
- Assist with distribution of department publications and training materials.
- Support the development and implementation of materials and exhibits at events such as international conferences.
- Support staff, trainers, and coordinators with logistical needs, including contracts, travel, lodging, scheduling webinar and virtual meetings.
- Coordinate the schedule of Hubert Humphrey Fellows during their professional affiliation.
- Other operations duties as needed.
- Assist with maintaining international sections of the website and social media pages.
- Support video editing and uploading content to YouTube.
- Assist in utilizing social media and other forms of communication to reach audiences abroad.
- Support writing articles and reports for dissemination to the field through a variety of vehicles including CADCA’s newsletter, blog, and letters for e-mail dissemination.
- Aid in managing the departmental calendar.
- Organize, file, and maintain copies of contracts, amendments, and other modifications for VP/Manager use on SharePoint.
- Update and maintain documents related to All-Staff Meetings
- Maintain inventory and ordering of supplies for the department.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
Required Experience, Skills, Training or Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree with three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Fluently bilingual and biliterate in either Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese, Indonesian Bahasa or Burmese.
- Superior organization, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent writing and report preparation skills.
- Capability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks working independently and as part of a team to ensure the optimum function of the department.
- Proficiency in computer application skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop etc.)
- Database management and records management skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
Hours per day or week: 40 hours a week.
Amount of travel: Less than 20% (as appropriate for position)
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATE in the subject line.