Human Resources Director
Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday
Reports to: Chief of Staff
The Director of Human Resources provides leadership for all human resources strategies and functions across the organization. In addition, the Director of Human Resources will serve as a business partner to senior leadership engaging in both tactical and strategic initiatives to the organization. The ideal candidate is inspirational, engaging, and approachable at all levels of the organization. Proactive in asking questions for clarity and comfortable challenging the status quo. Must demonstrate the ability to streamline processes and remove inefficiencies. Experience in scaling a smaller growing organization.
- Select and implement company health and wellness benefits.
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately resolve HR issues (e.g., performance and behavior management).
- Partner with team members throughout the organization to communicate and educate on policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recruiting, new-hire onboarding, and orientation process.
- Able to detect the pulse of the organization and provide recommendations to senior leadership.
- Capable of comprehending the organization’s strategy, challenges, and how each department contributes to the entire organization.
- Deliver updates and presentations to senior leadership and staff on a routine basis.
- A fundamental knowledge of payroll to engage with Finance Department.
- Remain up to date on local and national COVID-19 protocols and provide recommendations to senior leadership.
Key competencies required
- Interpersonal Savvy-Understands what the organization and others need and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving- Bring fresh solutions to difficult problems.
- Flexibility- Adapt to meet the challenges of a dynamic environment.
- Champion Change- Inspire, champion and drive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A least 10 years of human resource management experience, with 5 years as a manager or human resource business partner.
- Active SHRM or HRCI Human Resources certification required.
- Proficient in working with various HRIS and databases
- Experience scaling small growing organizations is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the CDC is required for employment.
Qualified candidates that meet the above criteria should email their resume to email@example.com with HR Director in the subject line.