French Speaking Independent Consultant/Trainer
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Department: International Programs
The Independent Consultant / Trainer will assist CADCA’s International Programs Department in its mission of carrying out trainings and providing technical assistance related to community coalition development in Togo, Senegal and Mauritius.
The Independent Consultant / Trainer will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Conduct training sessions in target language(s) on the topic of community coalition development to groups of 40-60 people.
- Provide effective technical assistance in target language(s) to community coalitions on topics related to coalition development
- Assist in the development of training materials in the target language(s) including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, participant workbooks, activity sheets, and other trainer and participant collateral materials.
- Occasionally provide translation services for special projects.
Requirements: The Independent Consultant / Trainer should have professional experience working in the drug prevention field, international development or professional background in public health. The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred;
- Native level fluency in French;
- Previous experience working with community coalitions for drug prevention;
- Familiarity with the culture of the target country/countries;
- Superior presentation and analytical skills. Ability to explain complex concepts and models in practitioner terms (in both English and French);
- Creativity and strong inter-personal skills to make training engaging and effective;
- Ability to work under pressure and extra hours if needed;
- Willingness to travel at least three times a year for a week at a time;
- A valid passport.
- Willingness to complete (if not yet completed) CADCA’s National Coalition Academy.
Supervisory relationship: Vice President, International Programs
Hours: 40 – 60 hours per week while on travel, otherwise occasionally on an as-needed basis.
Amount of travel: At least three times a year for a week at a time.
To apply for a position, send your information to email@example.com.