Reports to: Manager, International
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 500 Montgomery Street, Suite 400, Alexandria, VA 22314
Number of Vacancies: 2
Who may be considered: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Recruiting Firms: No
Join a dynamic organization whose mission is to strengthen the capacity of community coalitions to create and maintain safe, healthy, and drug-free communities globally. This is accomplished by providing technical assistance and training, public policy advocacy, media strategies and marketing programs, training, and special events.
We provide excellent medical, dental, and vision plans, generous time off, including holidays, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
We offer a diverse workplace where we recognize each employee’s contribution to the organization’s overall success. That success is rooted in our commitment to developing our people by giving them the tools and resources to increase their worth to CADCA and their own career trajectory.
The International Associate provides day-to-day support in CADCA’s mission of developing community coalitions in select foreign countries by administering face-to-face and virtual training programs, technical assistance, and other resources to communities. This position will require excellent oral and written communications skills, technical skills, and computer skills. In addition, this position will be responsible for administrative and clerical practices to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the International Department.
- Assist Managers with coordination of training events in foreign countries.
- Support formatting and design layout of department documents, materials, and presentations.
- Work with managers and trainers on maintaining training materials such as PowerPoints, participant handouts, manuals, and other instructional materials to ensure they are current.
- Provide support to managers on face-to-face and virtual training initiatives in assigned countries.
- Aid in updating departmental documents related to procedures, protocols, and policy manuals.
- Assist with the writing of quarterly program progress reports to funders.
- Support planning and preparations for international conferences and events.
- Develop and coordinate professional affiliation agenda for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellows.
- Support staff, trainers, and country coordinators with scheduling and logistics related to travel, lodging, webinars, and virtual meetings.
- Aid in drafting, tracking, and departmental reporting data from training evaluations, coalition development scorecards, coalition inventory, and other sources of information.
- Assist with drafting and updating contracts for vendors such as trainers and country coordinators.
- Review consultant invoices and input them into spreadsheets for tracking expenses.
- Update and maintain documents related to All-Staff Meetings.
- Update and manage the departmental calendar and training schedule.
- Record, edit, and upload content for webinars, workshops, YouTube, LMS Courses, or other tasks.
- Maintain office files, data management, and electronic & stationary filing on SharePoint.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, appointments, and other events; create agendas and other internal & external documents as appropriate.
- Organize, file, and maintain copies of contracts, amendments, and other modifications for the VP/Manager’s personal use.
- Serve as liaison with other departments to resolve day-to-day administrative tasks or issues.
- Support in administration of learning management system (LMS) with uploading course content, generating reports of training programs, and completion rates to managers and leadership.
Required Experience, Skills, Training, or Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree with three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Superior organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with online meeting software: MS Teams, Zoom, and WebEx.
- Proficiency in computer application skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, tight deadlines, and extra hours if needed.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Fluent in either Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Russian desired.
- Experience with LMS platforms such as Docebo is desired.
Hours per day or week: 40 hours a week.
Amount of travel: The Associate must have a valid passport and be willing to travel to foreign countries less than 20% (as appropriate for the position).