Associate--Evaluation and Research
Department: National Coalition Institute – Evaluation & Research Department
Reports to: Deputy Director of Evaluation & Research
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 625 Slaters Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Evaluation and Research Associate will assist the department’s Deputy Director in the mission of advancing coalition evaluation and research to improve coalition effectiveness. This employee will also assist in the translation of research findings into materials that the field can effectively utilize in their pursuits. The primary objectives for the department are the following:
- Build local community coalition capacity in data, assessment, and evaluation
- Bridge research and practice in substance abuse prevention and coalition-building
- Build the science of coalitions to understand the conditions under which coalitions are effective at reducing substance abuse population-wide
The Evaluation and Research Associate will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Coordinate all activities associated with the CADCA Got Outcomes! award program.
- Assist with the tracking and report the National Coalition Institutes Government, Performance, and Results Act measures.
- Provide evaluation and research assistance to the coalition field, such as technical assistance on finding and using appropriate assessment and evaluation tools, developing evaluation plans, and using data for planning.
- Prepare regular updates for the coalition field on research that is relevant to community-based work on substance abuse and related issues.
- Assist with the development and management of internal evaluation projects, including process evaluations of CADCA trainings, tracking, and reporting progress on training targets, and assisting other departments and teams with their evaluation needs.
- Assist with the development and delivery of training sessions for the coalition field and conduct presentations at professional conferences and meetings, as needed.
- Support Institute evaluation projects, such as developing evaluation tools, recruiting participants, data entry, analysis, and reporting.
The Evaluation and Research Associate must have knowledge and experience in community-based evaluation and research efforts, ideally with a strong background in community coalitions. He or she has demonstrated competencies in the above areas. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Current working knowledge of coalition functioning, evaluation and research
- Knowledge of theory, concepts, and practical application of community health and promotion.
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation/research skills
- Expertise using relevant software
- Customer-service orientation and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, initiate project activities, and work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Extensive computer skills, including data input skills.
Training and Credentials
- Master’s degree required in social or behavioral sciences or related field.
Amount of travel: 5-10% annually
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with EVALUATION AND RESEARCH ASSOCIATE in the subject line. Applications submitted otherwise will not be considered. Deadline for all applications is Monday, May 13.