Trainer of Trainers: Now Accepting Applications
Thank you for your interest in becoming a certified CADCA Trainer, also known as a Trainer of Trainers (TOT). CADCA trainers primarily work through the National Community Anti-Drug Coalition Institute (Institute), which was established by Congress in 2001, as part of the Drug-Free Communities Support Program. This federal grant funded branch of CADCA is the vehicle for coalition training, technical assistance, evaluation, research and capacity building to support coalition-specific substance misuse prevention and policy development throughout the United States and its territories using prevention science.
The primary goals of the Institute are to:
- Increase the percentage of community coalitions that are effective in their work; and
- Strengthen technical assistance and training to community coalitions
TOTs train in a variety of places, such as:
- The National Coalition Academy
- CADCA’s Signature Training Events
- Coalition Development Support
- Virtual Trainings or Requested Customized Trainings
Training, Coalition Development and Technical Assistance and Outreach
The Institute offers trainings that address all aspects of coalition development, including sessions that are appropriate for new and established coalitions by request via CADCA’s coalition development support (CDS). CDS provides custom guidance and is designed to improve the capacity, function and efficacy of coalition members and staff.
Application Process and Deadline
CADCA is currently accepting TOT applications. Applications are due by Friday, August 13, 2021, and applicants will be notified in early September.
If accepted, TOTs are expected to participate in a three-day training that will be held from October 26-28, 2021. The training location and format (i.e., in-person vs. virtual) will be determined at a closer date to comply with CDC guidance.
Sample Products to Review
- Product Review Instructions
- Madison Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition Sample Products
- Sample Products Review Sheet Template (to be completed and returned within the application)
Milestones and Competencies