In honor of our upcoming 30th Annual National Leadership Forum, we developed a list of 30 reasons detailing why you should register for Forum 2020!
1) Capitol Hill Day provides Forum participants from across the country with an opportunity to educate their policymakers in Congress about the importance of substance use and misuse prevention.
2) Recharge your network by connecting with 3,000+ community prevention leaders.
3) Presenters welcome the opportunity to collaborate and share useful data, lessons learned and solutions to pressing issues in prevention.
4) There are youth and adult-focused tracks for attendees to select from.
5) Tune into 15-minute Learning Labs to learn about what CADCA’s exhibitors, federal and corporate partners can offer the prevention sector.
6) Get your Exhibitor Passport stamped during the event and submit your completed passport for a chance to win a Visa gift card.
7) Attend our special event "Where Culture Meets Prevention" an Intertribal Exhibition, hosted by 13 Native American youth who will wear traditional clothing, play music and showcase their customs on Monday, Feb. 3, from 4:30-5:30 pm.
8) Youth attendee events include a meet-n-greet, CADCA Youth Leadership Initiative training sessions and a youth dance.
9) SAMHSA’s Prevention Day, happening Monday, Feb. 3, features dynamic speakers and informative training sessions for prevention practitioners, community leaders, researchers and consumers in the behavioral health field to share SAMHSA’s prevention priorities for the coming year and provide participants with the necessary training, technical assistance and resources to successfully address these prevention issues.
10) There are over 75 sessions this year.
11) Mayor Martin Walsh from Boston, Massachusetts is receiving the National Leadership Award. Tune in and hear his story and stance on substance use and misuse prevention.
12) Get CADCA to schedule your Capitol Hill Day appointments. We even give you a lift! Shuttles run to and from the Hill until 5:30 pm on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
13) See Laura Monteverdi, Emmy and Murrow-Awarded Anchor and Multimedia Journalist at THV11 in Little Rock, Arkansas, live and in-person as she receives the National Newsmaker Award.
14) Check out Alex Berenson, winner of the Edgar Award and #1 New York Times best-selling author of Tell Your Children – The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence during the Membership Breakfast and book signing event.
15) Some of our training session presenters include Dr. Bertha Madras, Professor of Psychobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, and Dr. Robert L. DuPont, President, Institute for Behavior and Health, among others. Access the full listing of featured speakers and guests.
16) Join in on the experience of Capitol Hill Day with the Plenary, Congressional Rally and personal visits with your Representatives and Senators.
17) Hear from Federal Partners like DEA, NIAAA, NIDA, ONDCP, SAMHSA and more.
18) Join a small group of your fellow Forum goers for dinner at one of National Harbor's fine eateries. Discuss your experiences at Forum, as well as successes and challenges your coalition is facing. Sign up for a casual get together and continue to network with others in the prevention sector. CADCA will provide topical questions to get the conversation started. Imagine the possibilities that like-minds can create!* RSVP to the restaurant of your choice today, space is limited.The cost of dinner is the responsibility of each diner in attendance.
19) Attend the Coalitions Ideas Fair. Hear what coalitions just like you are doing in their communities through poster presentations highlighting emerging prevention research, cutting-edge strategies and implementation.
20) One of the focuses of training sessions is to share the latest data available on the impact and implications of substance use and misuse.
21) Your paid registration allows for admission to all training sessions.
22) All CADCA members receive discounted registration prices.
23) Get a copy of "Tell Your Children – The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence" signed by Alex Berenson personally.
24) On Capitol Hill Day, you can rally for the cause on the steps of Capitol Hill — the ultimate Washington, D.C. experience.
25) This event takes place in the heart of National Harbor, a bustling shopping and dining hub.
26) Attend the Drug-Free Communities (DFC) New Applicant Workshop on Friday, Feb. 7, from 8:30 am to noon.
27) Stay overnight at the beautiful Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center.
28) Paid registrants have access to airline and car discounts to help with getting to and from the event.
29) Download the “CADCA” app to access detailed speaker information, the agenda, sponsors and more on the go.
30) During SAMSHA’s Prevention Day, you will learn how to leverage your community’s efforts, tell your prevention story, and showcase the impact of your prevention programming on community health by getting involved in SAMHSA’s 2020 National Prevention Week – “Prevention Happens Here."