CADCA’s GOT OUTCOMES! Awards recognize exceptional community coalitions that effectively contribute to alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse prevention. Coalitions qualify for one of four categories: short-term outcomes (6-24 months), intermediate outcomes (2-3 years), long-term outcomes (4-10 years), and Coalition of the Year—a coalition that has successfully addressed two substance abuse problems in their community.
GOT OUTCOMES! is a two-phase process during which coalitions present their activities and outcomes in the form of a logic model. The logic model represents community’s substance abuse problem, root causes (risk factors), and local conditions that contribute to it. It also outlines coalition’s strategies that led to positive community-level outcomes. Strong candidates for one of these awards, therefore, are skilled in data collection, evaluation, and data-driven decision-making inclusive of the community.
Coalitions select one substance use issue which they helped to address and would like to highlight in this process. Subsequently, they show the comprehensive steps they have taken to reach short, intermediate, or long-term outcomes. This information is presented in the form of a PowerPoint, with an overview of the coalition’s community, work, and the data to support the outcomes.
Coalitions chosen to move on to phase two will receive personal technical assistance to further strengthen their application. They will also be able to provide outcomes for a second substance use issue they helped to address—a qualification for the Coalition of the Year award.
Coalitions that excel in one of the four categories will win:
- Free registration, travel, and lodging for one coalition member to attend CADCA’s National Leadership Forum
- Custom award engraved with coalition’s name and outcome category
- Recognition in CADCA’s printed and online communications
- 50% off National Leadership Forum registration for one coalition member who participates in the Ideas Fair poster session
- Participation in a GOT OUTCOMES! session at the National Leadership Forum
- Opportunity for the coalition leader to be considered for CADCA trainer/consultant status
Phase I EXTENDED Submission Deadline: Friday, August 25, 2017
For more information about the application, please watch this video of the applicant workshop webinar conducted on June 8.
We encourage coalitions to submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-54-CADCA, ext. 220 with questions throughout the application process.