Portuguese, Russian, and Filipino Speaking Independent Consultant/Trainers
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Department: International Programs
The Independent Consultant / Trainer will assist CADCA’s International Programs Department in its mission of carrying out trainings and providing technical assistance related to community coalition development in Brazil, former Soviet Republics (specifically but not limited to those of Central Asia) and the Philippines.
The Independent Consultant / Trainer will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Conduct training sessions in target language(s) on the topic of community coalition development to groups of 40-60 people.
- Provide effective technical assistance in target language(s) to community coalitions on topics related to coalition development
- Assist in the development of training materials in the target language(s) including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, participant workbooks, activity sheets, and other trainer and participant collateral materials.
- Occasionally provide translation services for special projects.
Requirements: The Independent Consultant / Trainer should have at least 5 years of professional experience working in the community coalition field and must have demonstrated competencies in the above areas. The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- Superior oral and written fluency in one of the target languages.
- Familiarity with the culture of the target country/countries.
- At least five years of writing and public communication experience in the target language, preferably with public service or public health organization.
- Superior presentation and analytical skills. Ability to explain complex concepts and models in practitioner terms.
- Creativity and strong inter-personal skills to make training engaging and effective.
- Ability to work under pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment.
- Willingness to travel at least three times a year for a week at a time.
- A valid passport.
- Willingness to complete (if not yet completed) CADCA’s National Coalition Academy.
Supervisory relationship: Vice President, International Programs
Hours: 40 – 60 hours per week while on travel, otherwise occasionally on an as-needed basis.
Amount of travel: At least three times a year for a week at a time.
CADCA offers a competitive salary with outstanding benefits, including 401K, Blue Cross/Blue Shield healthcare, paid sick leave, federal holiday schedule and vacation.
To apply for a position, send your information to email@example.com.