Membership Sales Associate
DEPARTMENT: Business Development and Membership
REPORTS TO: Membership Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with membership manager to develop and maintain a sales strategy to recruit new members and retain current members.
- Makes sales calls/emails and retention calls/emails to attract new members and retain current members.
- Mails invoices and input membership dues payments into database.
- Supports membership manager in database management and maintaining integrity of member data, including organization of member information, renewal invoicing and new member processing.
- Provides primary accountability for efficient and accurate entry and upkeep of member data including organizational rosters, cleaning duplicates, and new data entry.
- Works on building a pipeline for new members and strategize on conferences and events to attend in order to build pipeline.
- Reports membership statistics to staff and BDAM team periodically and as requested.
- Serves as a primary customer service representative for CADCA Members.
- Supports redesign and launch of CADCA’s new member center and online community.
- Gathers suggestions for member benefits and ways to implement those benefits.
- Manages online membership store
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve the membership department, make modifications to strategies as needed and modify operational policies and procedures as necessary.
- Works closely with Business Development & Membership team on growth plan, overlapping projects and revenue goals.
- Assists Vice President of Business Development and Membership as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to average 50-100 calls per week to new members, current members, and prospective members.
Ability to answer an average of 10-20 emails per week from new members, current members, and prospective members.
Ability to travel up to 15-20%.
Competence in all MS Office tools and database management experience is required.
Knowledge of membership association management tools, particularly Avectra netForum is a plus.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Commitment to supporting a mission-driven membership base and help build drug-free communities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years of work experience required. Sales experience preferred.
8:30am – 5:30pm
To Apply: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with MEMBERSHIP SALES ASSOCIATE in the subject line. Applications will be accepted through August 25, 2017.