Coalition Development Associate
Department: National Coalition Institute – Training, Technical Assistance & Outreach Department
Reports to: Senior Coalition Development Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 625 Slaters Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Coalition Development Associate is responsible for supporting the Senior Coalition Development Manager in the management and enhancement of CADCA’s National Technical Assistance Delivery System (TADS). The Coalition Development Associate will work in collaboration with the Senior Coalition Development Manager and Deputy Director to carry out the National Coalition Institute’s mission of facilitating intensive, comprehensive technical assistance to coalition, state and federal leaders. In addition, the Coalition Development Associate will work in collaboration with the Training Operations Manager for fee-for-service training inquiries and contracts. This position focuses on building new coalitions and strengthening the capacity of existing ones with an emphasis on the Drug-Free Community Support Program (DFC) grant recipients, economically disadvantaged communities and coalitions serving special populations throughout the United States and its territories.
The Coalition Development Associate will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Provide direct coalition development technical assistance (TA) to the substance abuse prevention field and response to technical assistances request as assigned
- Monitor and analyze emerging trends and Technical Assistance data findings to improve TA delivery and create tools to better support other CADCA departments and the prevention field
- Interface with DFC Federal Partners including CSAP Project Officers in the coordination, delivery and reporting of TA for DFC grantees
- Provide proactive outreach to customers to follow up and determine additional technical assistance needs
- Create monthly, quarterly and yearly reports of technical assistance activities for internal and external information and decision-making
- Maintain, adjust and update the technical assistance database as necessary to meet data collection and reporting needs
- Assist the Training Operations Manager with fee-for-service training inquiries
- Update and maintain training events data to be used for reporting
- Draft proposals and budgets for fee-for-service trainings
- Work with CADCA consultants on training logistics and material development for fee-for-service trainings
- Format and oversee printing/delivery of training materials
- Manage the Chairman’s Award Application process for National Coalition Academy attendees
- Support logistics and preparation for two large National Conferences
- Work with Training, Technical Assistance and Outreach colleagues to support special projects
- Other duties as assigned
The Coalition Development Associate must have some experience in substance abuse prevention and has demonstrated competencies in the above areas. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of theory, concepts, and practical application of effective substance abuse prevention strategies.
- Ability to investigate and apply best practices appropriate for the substance abuse prevention field.
- Understanding of CADCA’s community problem-solving methods and the Strategic Prevention Framework.
- Familiarity with the Drug-Free Communities Support Program
- Understand web-based technical assistance delivery systems and learning management systems.
- Knowledge of substance abuse prevention-treatment-aftercare continuum.
- Superior analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Superior report writing and communications skills.
- Advanced skills in formatting using Microsoft Applications and Adobe.
- Knowledge of training event logistics.
- Outgoing personality and ability to develop relationships with coalitions and potential future customers and partners.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment.
Training and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree required in public health related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention field.
Amount of travel: 10% annually
To Apply: Qualified candidates should their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with COALITION DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE in the subject line.